RC1 – the first Release Candidate of the newest iteration of Betaflight has been published. It packs a whole lot of new features and even more targets to flash to, even the KISS FC now. You can download it like usual from github:
A few of the major changes:
Betaflight 3.0.0-RC1 (F4 Support)
This is really a major release. The full detailled change list can be found in the the commit history.
Short Summary of changes:
- STM32 F4 support (working blheli passthrough)
- Full IO rework
- Major target seperations. Easy implementation for new targets
- PWM code rework
- Major code cleanups and rewrites
- More configurator integration
- New Betaflight PID controller based on deg/sec. All of the future development will all happen in this single pid controller. There is still a Legacy PID controller, which is pretty much evolved rewrite. That one will stay the same.
- The new Betaflight 2DOF PID controller has some additional extra parameters for configuring. Check out the config options in the configurator. This PID controller allowes less overshoot percentage and less Derivative needed to get the same affect.
- RC Smoothing added back with multiple options. (Use Auto for automatic rx rate configuration)